Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium (yellow or white) onion
- Don Anecio Sea Salt to taste
- Don Anecio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (a generous amount)
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into thin quarter-size slices.
- Peel and chop the onion into small cubes.
- Heat a large nonstick pan (10-12 at least1 ½ inches deep) with a generous amount of Don Anecio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add the chopped potatoes and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Next add the onions and lower the heat covering it with a lid. Cook everything together for about 30 minutes, occasionally stirring the potato and the onions until they are soft and slightly golden.
- Take out and drain the potato and onions from Don Anecio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (save it for a later use), placing it in a separate container then adding Don Anecio Sea Salt salt to your taste.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them really well.
- Add the eggs together with the potatoes and the onion and mix everything.
- Let the mixture sit for a minute.
- In the same pan that you used before, add the Don Anecio Extra Virgin Olive Olive you saved and hit it for a minute.
- Once hot, pour the potato mixture into it and cook on high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 5 minutes (a bit more if you like it really well done).
- Then carefully flip the pan with the tortilla either with a flat lid or with a big plate. Then carefully push the tortilla back into the pan so it cooks on the other side.
- Let it sit for 1 more minute.
- Now simply turn off the heat and carefully remove your potato omelet from the pan. You can serve it warm or room temperature on a large plate, a tray or a wooden board.